Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 DCU Movie Fan Casting: Eliza Dushku as The Huntress



I often times struggle with casting choices, but other times, they're a cinch. If I were casting a Pre-Crisis Huntress movie, there are tons of actresses with the looks of Helena Wayne to decide between. However, the Huntress most readers know came out of the '80s with a demanding physicality and more attitude than most actresses can carry. Thinking of performers in the correct age range with appropriate marquee value who could play Helena Bertinelli, I pretty much just had to choose between Eliza Dushku and Michele Rodriguez. If I felt like I had wiggle room with ethnicity, I may very well have gone with the former. However, Dushku has the martial arts and crossbow experience of a former vampire slayer/spy with her own fan base, plus serious genre credibility, so why deny the obvious?

Diabolic Movie Fan Casting

2 comments:

LissBirds said...

Hmmm....I don't know. I was thinking more along the lines of a young(er) Catherine Zeta Jones. Less tough and a little more vampy. Michele Rodruiguez could be interesting, though she always tends to play characters who are kind of thuggish.

Diabolu Frank said...

Well, just to be clear, this is strictly who I would cast in the year of our Lord two-thousand-&-eleven. Opening it up to all time, like lightbox Greg Land art casting, would break my brain.