Thursday, January 6, 2011

1995 Skybox DC Villains: The Dark Judgment Lady Shiva Trading Card #34



A creature of intellect and contradiction, Lady Shiva is one of the two or three finest martial artists alive. To finance her studies of the spiritual side of the arts, she worked as a mercenary, seemingly unconcerned with the moral implications of her acts. Shiva is very much her own woman... She may prove difficult to control.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this to be the first Lady Shiva spotlight card ever produced. I assume she turned up somewhere in Batman: Saga of the Dark Knight, but I don't see her on the checklist. She certainly could have done a lot worse for her "rookie card" than Simon Bisley on art. I don't recall Shiva being all that active during this time period, but I guess her role in Knightsend and ongoing anti-heroic (Lawful Neutral?) guest appearances secured her a spot.

I'm not the only blogger relishing New Year's Evil this week. Find more malicious pin-up fun at the following:

No comments: