Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DC75: Boxing Glove Arrows? (JLA #8, 1997)



Alone and wounded in the trophy room of the JLA Watchtower, Connor Hawke was tasked with saving the team from a dream world created by The Key. The villain had destroyed the quiver of the new Green Arrow, leaving the son of Oliver Queen to rummage through his father's old display case for arms. "Stay calm. Improvise. Handcuff Arrows. Net Arrows. Boxing Glove Arrows? Dad. Oh, dad. You're going to be the death of me."

Check out more highlights from the past 75 years of DC Comics at The Truly Most Memorable Moments of the DC Dodranscentennial

5 comments:

LissBirds said...

Hey! I remember reading this! Nothing like a little humor thrown in admist the drama.

Diabolu Frank said...

We needed some Green Arrow, and levity is always good!

Aaron said...

Ah, yes, how well I remember some of those early Morrison JLA's, good stuff. Incidentally, for some reason I only still have the handcuff arrow for my "Hard Travelling Heroes" Ollie figure. I'm missing the drill and boxing glove.

Diabolu Frank said...

I displayed my open DC Direct figures at my old shop, and Ollie left with a customer one day. I don't recall having any leftovers of his, but there's a half-helm of Dr. Fate lying around the house.

LissBirds said...

For anyone who's interested, the Green Arrow Happy Meal toy at McDonald's comes with a boxing glove arrow. And you can really shoot it!