Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dragon*Con 2010 Cyborg Cosplayer



Shag Matthews of Once Upon A Geek was gracious enough to offer his massive collection of photographs from Dragon*Con 2010 to a gaggle of bloggers over a week back. I've been running buck wild with them, and still have a "wave" or two of posts left before I'll consider my end of the horse good and beat to death. Surprisingly, few others have taken up Shag's offer, and even his own Firestorm Fan hasn't run his plentiful Nuclear Man snapshots. The one exception on my own end has been here at DC Bloodlines, because there weren't many characters parading around that fit our interests. I never saw a clear view of Green Lantern John Stewart, and I've never seen anyone do Captain Comet or Bronze Tiger. There was a female Creeper that would go with a series of posts I have planned, but I'm not actually a Creeper fan, so I can't be bothered. However, she does remind me of Siobhan Fahey from Shakespears Sister, and that's worth something to me.

You know who else I never cared about? Victor Stone. Even as a kid reading The New Teen Titans, I found his "I'm a monster" (or more to the point, another Thing) shtick tired. When he wasn't wining, he was just sort of there, or else playing the jobber as "Machine Parts Break Dramatically Man." I just can get into this guy, and likely never will. However, I feel like posting something on this lazy Sunday, and this costume looks cool, so Cyborg gets the nod!

Finally, here's a nice fat list of all the related cosplay posts I'm aware of to date. I'll swing it around this way once or twice more (note any conspicuous absences?) Of special interest is Shag's photographically enhanced diary of his con experience, Dragon*Con 2010 Recap – My Weekend of Insanity (lots of pics!) Give it a click, won't you?

The Aquaman Shrine
Aquaman Family Cosplay @ DragonCon 2010

Comics Make Me Happy!
Dragon*Con 2010 With Booster Gold and Blue Beetle!

Diana Prince: Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman & the Wonder Girls Cosplay
Black Lantern Wonder Woman Cosplay
Dragon*Con 2010 Donna Troy Cosplay

Doom Patrol: My Greatest Adventure
Beast Boy at Dragon Con!

The Idol-Head of Diabolu
Dragon*Con 2010 Martian Manhunter Cosplayer
Dragon*Con 2010 Black Lantern Martian Manhunter Cosplayer

Justice League Detroit
Black Lantern Aquaman & Wonder Woman Cosplay@Justice League Detroit
Dragon*Con 2010 Zatanna Cosplay
2010 Zatanna Cosplay (Blue & White) by DJ Spider

Once Upon A Geek
The Irredeemable Shag's DragonCon 2010 Photos
Dragon*Con 2010 Recap – My Weekend of Insanity (lots of pics!)

Power of the Atom
Indigo Tribe Atom Cosplayer 
2007 San Diego Comic-Con Captain Atom & Vixen Cosplay

4 comments:

rob! said...

Holy crap.

Diabolu Frank said...

The costume (Sonic BLAST!) or the number of posts milked out of those pictures?

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Frank! I'm totally blown away! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures so much.

I still plan a Best of DragonCon Cosplay post on ONCE UPON A GEEK, and coverage of the Firestorm cosplay on FIRESTORM FAN. I just gotta find the time.

Thanks for all the shout outs and what an amazing series of posts!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com

The Irredeemable Shag said...

A couple more for you:


Dragon*Con 2010 The Atom (Ray Palmer) Cosplayer
http://themightymite.blogspot.com/2010/09/dragoncon-2010-atom-ray-palmer.html

Hawkgirl Cosplayer At DragonCon 2010
http://beingcarterhall.blogspot.com/2010/09/hawkgirl-cosplayer-at-dragoncon-2010.html


The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com